We’re fresh off the heels of another smashing Bar Mitzvah success! We love doing parties in this genre because we get to work with amazing families who want to relish in the details of making dreams come true for their child. Our boy of the hour was really into skateboarding lifestyle brands (like his older brother’s Bar Mitzvah which we planned/styled last year, as seen here)—SO into them in fact, that we actually had zero idea what “Bathing Ape” was when we heard this was his desired theme. After a deep dive search on google, we were mesmerized and knew that this party was going to be the coolest of the season. If you are curious, you can see more of Bathing Ape here and follow along with the vibe of this party (i.e. why we chose some of the logos and designs that we did)
A few of our favorite details:
- Camo patterns were brought in to add edge and style to the party via table runners, labels, custom graphics…even the donuts were glazed in army-colored camo shades like Forrest Green, Khaki, and Olive Green.
- An EPIC custom balloon arch entryway via Wee Gather. This was such a show stopper—again in the camo color way
- Cool graphics taken from inspirations of the Bathing Ape brand logos, and customized to have the Bar Mitzvah boys name imbedded
- An amazing cake, meticulously designed by one of our favorite bakers, Luna, in the Bathing Ape style.
- A Mexican Candy/Junk Bar—our “piece de resistance”, chalk-full of Mexican savory and sweet treats which guests could then top with Chamoy and lemon juice. Have you ever tried a cup of this? So good!
- Hundreds and hundreds of stickers from the coolest skateboard brands and other pop culture and lifestyle brands that the kids could collect and take home. We used to hoard stickers as kids, and as it turns out more than 25 years later, kids still love them!